Sunday, January 30, 2011

Good Morning


It's Sunday, 8:00 am, my breath smells horrid, its freezing, and Attic Abasement is sleeping in my living room. Cheers to everyone who helped out last night. Couldn't have asked for a better turn out. We were able to get a great crowd to come out and most chipped in donations or bought merch. In fact, we made them a good chunk of money AND we had a good chunk to be added towards ROTA for February rent. As I watched the last heads leave the gallery last night it made me think... In the past, I've usually been on the other side of these things. I mean, we've set up shows for touring bands in Albany, and had some punk shows in the basement of 536 Morris st. But, it feels good to help out a touring band and be quite successful with it. For the past 3 summers we've toured and that has given us a great idea as to how this works. Attic Abasement came to our house for dinner, they sat in the kitchen and used the internet to check e-mails and what not, make pone calls that involve "Hey man, it's ___ from Rochester I met you a while back in Ohio, I got your number from my friend who..... is there anyway you could get us on the bill for the..." (or things like that). The thing is, tour is never completely set up until the last show is over. Things happen last minute very very often, such as last nights show, and that adds a whole new interesting dimension to your lifestyle while traveling. It's a lot of ups and downs constantly. It feels like one minute you're eating a delicious meal and you're on top of the world, and the next minute your eating food from the dumpster under a bridge. But this in turn makes those high moments all the better. I hope that last night was one of those high moments for Attic Abasement, and I think it was. And for us, it just feels so god damn good to help out these guys, because we've been there. Thanks again to everyone. (thanks to Garth for getting this thing going and thanks to Tavish for being down to house this event at ROTA last minute) Stay in touch about events at ROTA. As for as I'm concerned that was a hell-of-a good first event there. More to come, especially next weekend. Check out where to catch Attic Abasement on the rest of their tour here: (copy paste > http://www.myspace.com/atticabasement )

No comments:

Post a Comment