Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Scummertime

This is Chase. I don't write on this blog much, but the opportunity is always there. I much prefer to read Dane's posts. I guess I'm writing because I drank way too much iced coffee and at the moment have nothing much better to do with myself (which is probably bullshit, but this seems fulfilling, right?). Staring at a computer in 90 degree, sun-shiny weather. What could be better? Tomorrow, summer is here, officially. June 21st, the longest day of the year. National Quit-Your-Job Day, if you prefer. Remember being a kid and the onset of summer was dreamier than Roy Orbison's distant, enchanting voice? Me too... Summer VACATION. I don't think I've referred to it as that since before I had my first job, which was a long time ago. Vacation... Wouldn't it be nice to be on vacation all summer long? Travel the country, swim in a quarry somewhere in New Hampshire, bathe in a hot-spring in New Mexico, eat Tex-Mex in L.A., get lovingly shat on by a seagull in Venice Beach, crawl into Texas via Arizona in 100 degree weather, observe diaper piles on side of road, blare whatever CD you've listened to a thousand times before, but it doesn't matter-its something to ignore in the Hellish heat, swimming in sunflower-seed-ridden, minivan bench seats. Livin' the dream... Couldn't sleep last night. Nostalgia was fuckin' up my dreams. All of those old yet fresh memories of tour and similar journeys. At times I feel very land-locked in this city. Missing fresh water, cold creeks, clean air, spontaneity. But life ain't bad, ya know? Got to go to Maine this summer for two weeks and do a blacksmithing workshop. Swam in the Atlantic Ocean, cut my feet on barnacles. Doesn't get much better than that. Mike, Mike, Richelle, and possibly Dane are coming down to the big bad city this weekend. Free Ghostface concert in Prospect Park. Think I'm gonna quit my job today in pursuit of bigger and better things. Keep a warm heart. I certainly am. The heat is climbing quick, my garden is probably frying. I think its 105 degrees up on that roof. Come eat some tomatoes in the fall. Stay Hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment